Sunday, January 2, 2011

Music at Maccas

I had the pleasure of being one of the approved guests of Music at Maccas, an intimate and relaxed get together of the McDonald family and selected friends at the Garibaldi Hall on Jan 1st. It's an annual tradition and there is a schedule of performers from 2pm all the way until 11pmish. Felicity and her brother Mark played last year and this time I joined them. Playing the bass again for the first time in roughly 8 years was a bit daunting but also a lot of fun. Singing ( and I use the term quite loosley) All Along the Watchtower, the Dave Matthews version, was also another buz. I do still get quite a kick out of performing and and I think I'll try get back into music a bit.

This was the jam session at the end of the night where I merrily whacked a djembe for a while before retiring in time for a ridiculously early start in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment