Monday, January 10, 2011

Farewell ol' girl

I've just taken my car to the wreckers. I kinda feel like I've just put down a trusty old mare, past her prime but solid and equal to none when there was some hard yakka ahead. People talk about cars being males or females. It didn't take me long to think of her in the terms described above. She was occasionally a grumpy old bitch but like the drover's wife, had plenty of guts and determination.

Thanks for the memories and all the work you have done old girl. You were a 96 EL Ford Falcon wagon that carried me through troubled times, moved me in and out of countless houses, journeyed with me into the bush, and kept me safe. In your old age your looks had diminshed but your spirit never suffered. Rest now in your graveyard of steel.

No comments:

Post a Comment