Sunday, February 13, 2011

Of Grail Knights and elementary discoveries.

I must momentarily borrow my narrative from another excellent blogger, londonrobstuff.blogspot.com, a tenacious Grail knight intent on finding the best coffee and breakfasts in inner London. One hopes that like all Grail quests, it is never realised ere we find ourselves without his excellent musings on elegant espressos or the perfect porridge.


My own san graal has been the elusive western style breakfast in a country more into its kaya toast than eggs Florentine. But like most quests for hidden treasure it was right under my very nose. The cafe next to the swimming pool at Pan Pacific does an awesome breakfast with eggs any way you like it, tomato, hash brown, sausages, bacon and baked beans served with extra toast and jam. And all for $14! (pre taxes). The only bummer is a lack of good espresso coffee to go with it. I savoured this wonderful breakfast while reading one of my favourite Sherlock Holmes tales that features "Ballarat" as the main clue as to the killer's identity.

Reading the name "Ballarat" in a novel is a funny feeling and for a moment if I close my eyes, I’m sitting in the sun at L’espresso with Flic and Mokey, Heidi has just made me a second magnificent coffee, my plate is virtually clean having devoured eggs forentine with avocado, Mum and Jo have just arrived, Mahney is talking excitedly at the table next to us, the annoying guy on his pedal bike has come past and thankfully gone down to Europa, and Freya and Townes are walking towards us.

Is my grail quest complete? Have I found the secret the Templars wanted to protect with their lives? Um...no but for the moment I am content. Now, time to laze by the pool.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out fellow blogger. Your breakfast looks good - would be interested to read about some of the Singapore style breakies you have had though, in fact weird/challenging food experiences in general!

    ReplyDelete